1. Bezoekt u, behalve onze SERA hoofdsponsor ook even de andere onderstaande sponsor om onze server in stand te houden?
    Ontzet Notitie

Hello Everybody! Having severe issues with snails Whaaaa What are your best...

Discussie in 'RainbowFishes' gestart door Marcel, 6 aug 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Marcel

Marcel Guest

Hello Everybody! Having severe issues with snails Whaaaa What are your best solutions? I have tried the water bottle trick already and will not go in for assassin snails.

2. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

All you need to do is put some copper sulfate in the aquarium. It'll kill him quickly. It's been a long time since I had that problem myself. So I can't remember the dosage. But I'm sure you can find something online. Good luck.

3. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

Add a clown loach

4. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

What's wrong with assassin snails???

5. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

Add a puffer

6. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

A small convict will.knock em off...

7. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

Put a large amount of food in one spot. Every little while come and take off all the snails from it. It does work best in a bottle though.

8. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

Thanks everyone for the advice :) 1. Derek Does Copper Sulfate affect Shrimp? I have several rock shrimp in there 2. RobertClown Loaches Grow exceptionally large and not really a solution for me. 3. Derek Tustin I have been advised assassin snails before but the consensus here is we don't want to create a new problem trying to solve an existing one ;) 4. Joshua My Husband would love me forever if I added a puffer, I don't think my bows would be pleased though. 5. PaulandDebra Interesting Idea about the convict ... would they be forever friends with everyone else though?? 6. Lisa I have devised a "trap" using random house stuff that works "well" but looking for an all out solution. I did try the water bottle thing and got no results at all so I made a plastic cage thingy that looks weird but they go in and I catch quite a few at a time. Just hoping to clear out a larger population without having to pull everything apart and scrub and stuff My tank is pretty ornate. They love laying thier eggs in the rocks. : I

9. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

Sarah Howlett yes it'll kill your shrimp as well. Copper sulfate kills invertebrates.

10. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

No convicts are super agressive

11. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

Assassin's don't breed as fast and are easy to remove plus you can sell them when they do breed

12. TS
    TS
    Marcel

Marcel Guest

Clown loach or completely clean out the tank and filter,decorations

13. Dirk Bazuin

Dirk Bazuin

Lid geworden:
    16 mei 2009
    I find that a pair of Botia striata wil do the trick nicely. Also the look nice and don't get to big.