K2so4

E

Emmanuel Nalli

Hallo vrienden Ik wil weten of ik kan krijgen potaasium sulfaat waar in Den Haag in poedervorm.

Wat wil jij met Kalium zout?

het kalium gehalte verhogen wrs
verder doet het niks

en waarom wil je deze hoger

Well I am Just learning Nederlands so not good yet so please excuse me for writing big texts in English.
Potassium is very important fertilizer for plants and this is not present in any substrates so one has to dose it.
MGR, thanks for your reply but what I want is purely from an non aquarium supplier because any things which is common but if sold in aquarium shop it is double priceand in case of aquariumbemesting it is the shipping cost which I find unnecessary . Would there be any kind op shop which sells certain chemicals?

Hi Emmanuel

I understand the potassium needs of aquatic plants.
What I might (depending on some oher factors!) not understand is your need to use potassium sulfate.
Here in the Netherlands, many people dosing extra nitrates and phosphates use KNO3 and KH2PO4, which both contain substantial amounts of potassium.
Do you use KNO3 and/or KH2PO4 as well? If yes: no need for potassium sulfate (or at least no need for potassium sulfate on the merits of the potassium). If no: you don't dose extra nitrates and phosphates?

Besides the aquatic related shop MRG linked to, farmacies might/will have some of the chemicals mentioned. However, the problem is obtaining it from a farmacy as those work prescription based and are highly regulated.
My honest feeling would be your extra effort to get cheaper chemicals would not be worth your time (or at least it wouldn't be worth my time).

~ Ivo

And farmacies tend to ask much higher prices for small quantities..

I don't intend to buy from a pharmacy but a chemical product sellers if possible. I dont believe in dosing nitrates and phosphates for my plants in a tank with fishes and with fertile substrates . So I need just potassium.

Potassium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Potassium is a chemical element with symbol K (from Neo-Latin kalium) and
atomic number 19. Elemental potassium is a soft silvery-white alkali metal that ...

Chemical Elements.com - Potassium (K)

Name: Potassium Symbol: K Atomic Number: 19. Atomic Mass: 39.0983 amu.
Melting Point: 63.65 �C (336.8 K, 146.57 �F) Boiling Point: 774.0 �C (1047.15 K, ...
www.chemicalelements.com/elements/k.html

Emmanuel Nalli zei:
I don't intend to buy from a pharmacy but a chemical product sellers if possible.
I'm affraid those are either quite regulated or charge substantially higher prices for small quantities, as well.

Someone on the forum once calculated a huge possible 'profit' from not buying from this shop but from a chemical product seller. Massive downside: you'd be stuck with literally pounds and pounds of product. Which, hesitant as 2nd marker buyers are, you cannot sell further.

So, in short: your best shot is buying from the online shop MRG mentioned, there's a reason we all do that!

~ Ivo

Emmanuel Nalli zei:
.. a chemical product sellers if possible..

I can send you a small amount of patentkali.
A minimal amount will take care of the K need for your plants.
You can google it and contact me via a personal mail.

Exactly, that is the reason I am posting on this forum I wanted to know if that is possible and feasible option. In India we acquire it quite easily because it doesn't fall under dangerous chemicals. Thanks Tom for the courtesy and thanks all

Terug
Bovenaan